Including pets in weddings is becoming more and more popular. There are some absolutely beautiful photos on the Internet of pets on wedding days and the photos can be treasured for a life time.
If you want to include your puppy in your wedding day, here are some tips to consider:
1. Does the wedding ceremony and reception venues allow pets?
2. Organise a designated handler for your pup to bring him to the wedding, be responsible for him while he's at the wedding, and take him home again after he's got all the attention he can handle!
3. Decide whether you will include your pup in the ceremony or reception, then find out if anyone attending that aspect of the wedding has pet allergies. We wouldn't want anyone getting sick!
4. Think of your pet's temperament. What is his reaction to crowds, loud music, fireworks, laughter and during parties you've had in the past? If the pup barks or gets scared, it would probably be too stressful for your pet, and we wouldn't want this to upset you too on your big day!
5. The pup needs some rehearsal time too! So let them come along to your rehearsals (try to include props if you can) so he can get to know the location, the area, and what he needs to do!
6. Does your pup like to jump up on people? Some people may get a freight from this so be careful!
7. When you're getting your hair done the week before the wedding, take your pup to the groomers too so that he's looking just as stunning as you!
8. Don't forget to include your pup in the photos! They will bring wonderful memories for years to come!
Here are some (and I mean some, I have many more favourites!) of my favourite pictures of other couples who have included their furry family members in their wedding days! Xx